Monday, May 7, 2012

The Last Hoorah: Summary of Good First Year (Part 1)

This year, I have been blessed with an abundance of amazing friends. Not only are they fun-loving, but also motivated to follow Christ. I became involved with Campus CRU, whose mission is to encounter Jesus and give our lives to Him and others. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to be a part of. Although many of the guys in CRU are so special to me, I am going to focus on the great friendships I've made with some awesome girls.
(These are some of the core Freshman CRU girls)
Friday, 5/4/12, a big group of us went to eat sushi in Market Square, one of my favorite places in Knoxville. After that, we hung out and really just enjoyed our last night to spend together as a big group, despite the few who had already left for home.

 Rachel and Madelyn are not only beautiful girls outside, but also inside. As cliche as that is it is true. I have the privilege to eat breakfast Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with Rachel last semester. She has such a sweet heart and fun-loving personality. I am convinced that me and Madelyn were destined to be friends. From the moment we saw each other we already decided we liked each other. But, it wasn't until Fall Retreat with CRU did we really realize our connection through our moderately lame humored personalities. One of my favorite things about Madelyn is her extreme musical abilities which she continues to pursue as she studies Music Education (such a neat girl). I can't wait to continue getting to know these two girls more!

One of my biggest blessing of the year was getting to know Sarah Spiceland. Not only is she a friend but also someone I can look up to as a spiritual leader. She leads a middle school bible study and met with me on Thursdays for breakfast during which we discussed the book of Ephesians. She probably thinks that she only poured into those girls, but she was pouring into me every time I saw her. She is such a beckon of light showing Christ in the world. And I love that Allison was the person who introduced us.

All in all, I could not have asked for a better group of girls to be surrounded with this year. I had a great Bible Study lead by Allison, my sister, and Celina, one of my roommates for next year. 

1 comment:

  1. Diane, you are wonderful. Cannot wait to hear from you this summer and hear about whats going on in your neck of the woods in Texas! You are such a joy and I love what God's doing in you! Maybe far in distance, but always close in heart! Much love to you and prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete