Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Roommates

This year, I was incredibly lucky with my rooming situation. Our suite mates, in room 1229, were Kayla, with the red hair, and Taylor. I can honestly say that without the two of them I would not have been kept so entertained throughout the year for a variety of reasons. Taylor was the first one of us to arrive to college and the first to leave as well.


Meanwhile as Taylor was moving out, my room looked like a war zone with Dani packing. 


Dani's last night here, we went out to Macaroni Grill with her parents, who I adore after being able to spend my spring break with them. Very, very, very fortunately, I was assigned with Dani as my roommate. Not only did I have one of the best living situations I could shave asked for, but also made a best friend! 


Then we have Kayla. So many words can be used to describe her, but some of the best are tolerant, caring, and selfless. Kayla is always putting herself second which I think is such an admirable trait. Although she is crazy and loud, I couldn't imagine a better, more dependable friend.


As sad as it is, it now time for the three of us to split up, only temporarily. We may look like an odd group, act odd, and talk about odd things, but that is what I love.


Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NLT) puts it best:
A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.




1 comment:

  1. Miss you already pookie bear! I love that bible verse it is perfect for the three of us. We're the three best friends that anyone could haveeee :)

    ReplyDelete